Index of /~michael/blua
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory -
bioapi/ 09-May-2006 14:33 -
jbioapi/ 09-May-2006 14:33 -
pam_bioapi/ 03-Jan-2006 20:15 -
BELUA BioAPIPAM.png 18-Apr-2005 02:04 15K
upek-announcement.html 09-May-2006 14:33 2.2K
upek-bsp.html 09-May-2006 14:32 3.3K
xdm_bio.patch 05-Mar-2006 19:43 5.0K
xdm_bio.tar.gz 05-Mar-2006 19:43 181K
This is a place to collect my notes on my design for a biometrically enhanced local user authentication (BELUA) stack for GNU/Linux.
Diagram of system -- the shaded portion is pam_bioapi
Current build for Debian of the BioAPI
1.001.10 framework: v1.2.1. Current personal todo list, bolded items are done:
The QT build errors are fixed in my 1.2.1 release.
- Create high level BioAPI<-->PAM diagram and publish. (see above)
- Clean up makefiles in reference implementation and release build for
- Double check using pbuilder and release build for Debian testing/"Sarge". (Done, but unreleased)
Research the gcc 2.95 compile time error and patch the problem so that a Debian stable/"Woody" build can be made. I believe these issues are fixed in my unofficial branch, but I'm no longer interested in testing Debian Woody, now that Sarge is the new stable release.
Start comparing the differences between BioAPI 1.00 and 1.10 -- as the unix port is only for 1.00. Publish list of changes that need to be made. See my comment on bioapi-software
- Split up packages into bioapi1.0-headers, bioapi1.0-common and bioapi1.0-examples.
Look into pulling code from the win32 BioAPI 1.10 framework reference implementation.
- Package libpam-bioapi and release: pam_bioapi/
- Package build updates and rename bioapi1.0 to bioapi1.10; release (Actually released as "bioapi" in anticipation of a "bioapi2"
- Look into alternative storage backends besides the flatfile: bdb, unixodbc
- Implement enrollment/"password" functions. (Included in version 0.2.0)
- Implement better configuration: flatfile and argv
- Add internationalization
Michael R. Crusoe